Since childhood, I have been fond of Ghee or Clarified butter. The aroma, the taste, the texture especially when poured on a chapatti, rice, dosa, or any other delicacy makes it so tasty and aromatic.
Due to my overwhelming love for ghee, I started experimenting with substituting Ghee in Italian dishes too. In place of olive oil or butter, I made pasta and all other different sauces in ghee. It turned out to be outstandingly delicious.
Since my intake of ghee was a lot more, my friends expressed their concern by saying that I will put on weight & large quantities are not good for health & so on.
This led me to do some research and now I know of some amazing facts about Ghee, which I am sharing due to its mind-blowing benefits.
Firstly, Which Ghee you should have?
Ghee made from Desi Cow (only) viz. Gir, Sahiwal, any other local desi cow’s ghee is best to eat. Hybrid cows like jersey do not have A2 protein and other vitamins. Jersey cow yields 20 liters of milk and a Desi cow yields 8-12 liters only. So today jersey cow is used most often so as to earn more money as they yield more milk. Injections are given as well, which eventually are harmful to them and our body.
How Vedic Ghee should be made?
Cow as a whole is very useful, starting from its cow dung to the milk it yields and its urine.
1. Its urine balances all 3 doshas. It is very beneficial for the treatment of cancer and tuberculosis.
2. Desi cow ghee has A2 protein, no trans-fat, and is very apt to raise good cholesterol (HDL).
3. It has a high smoke point, is free of lactose and casein, and is high in beneficial compounds like CLA and butyrate.
4. It also contains several fat-soluble vitamins, including vitamins A, E, and K.
5. Ghee benefits include improving digestion, reducing inflammation, promoting weight loss and strengthening the bones. It is excellent for skin and hair.
I have been eating ghee for past 4 years regularly. Intake of 1 tbsp of Ghee should be every day in the morning on an empty stomach, with 30 minutes of a gap, to drink or eat anything. I would highly recommend inculcating ghee in your daily lifestyle, making it a healthy regime.